When an agreement of purchase and sale contains a condition – any condition – it leaves an opening for one party to back out of the transaction. You should strive to reduce the number of conditions in any real estate transaction.
One of the conditions of a real estate transaction is the pre-purchase Inspection. When an offer is conditional on an inspection and the home inspection is performed after the deal is signed, the inspection can kill the deal.
Sometimes the inspection discloses a big problem nobody knew about. By having a vendor or listing report the conditions will be reduced, for both the purchaser and the vendor.
Pre-listing inspections benefit all parties, buyers, sellers and real estate agents.
Key Benefits for You the Vendor
- Your home may sell faster, it can take up to two weeks before they order a pre-purchase inspection, and if they pull out, you have lost the time. The property was off the market and you are likely to have missed other offers from potential purchasers.
- Your home may sell for more money.
- The inspection can also be a powerful marketing tool.
- You will be proactive not reactive.
- No more buyers walking away because of hidden surprise.
- You will have the list of potential upgrades.
- No more 11th hour re-negotiations based on the inspectors findings.
- Vendor has time to decide whether they would like to fix the problems or obtain quotes, to prevent unrealistic purchasers claims.
- Our inspectors will meet any purchaser onsite for a fee and run through the report, so the client has a better understanding as to the key points of the items within the report.
- Reduces the chances of buyers getting cold feet when they find out the home isn’t perfect, as very few are.
- Reduces the parade of inspectors though your home before multiple offer situations and unhappy stressed out vendors.
- No delay time in negotiations.
- You resolve any difference of opinion before it goes on the market
- You fix any conditions identified (If you choose to) or simply reflect it in the purchase price.
Key Benefits for your Real Estate Professional
- You’re choosing SHPC, a company with a good reputation and credentials. As a real estate professional, your relationship with your clients is one based on trust in your expertise and reliance on your service. A home inspection is one more way that you can help your clients feel confident
- No more problems with the Privacy Act. The vendor and your agent will know what’s in the report.
- Purchases won’t be able to back out of sales by blaming the results of the report. You will know the true reason. “No more time wasters for you, more time to list and sell.
- $10 Discount to vendors for reports on their next property purchase within our service area.
- $10 Discount to vendors and purchasers on their next due termite inspection
- $10 Discount to vendors and purchasers on termite treatments if required.
- $10 Discount to vendors and purchasers on their next pest eradication treatment before they move into there new home, within our service area.
Q. What is the turn around time for the report?
A. The normal turn around time is 2 business days once the inspection request has been received. The inspector will then call you that evening to run over the report and explain the findings to you, and the report will be emailed to you once payment is received.
You then have the chance to attend to any defects and have a re-inspection and an amended report sent to you for an additional fee.
Q. What if I want a hard copy of the report?
A. We can provide hard copies of the report and have them courier delivered to your home for an additional fee.
Q. Can the purchaser have the report transferred into their name so that liability is covered?
A. The report can be transferred into their name, a re-inspection will be required and the cost of that inspection will be subject to the size of the property and the time lapsed between the inspections.